Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sunday, October 23, 2016

What the Beck???

Willow has been really sick!

    Willow has been sick for a while. I took her to my fabulous vet, Dr. K, at the Sandwich Animal Hospital. We had already been trying medicine, and a change in diet, but she was getting worse. Dr. K took some X-rays and noticed that Willow’s small intestines had a section that was very thick. 
    She suggested we go to the Aurora Animal Hospital on Galena on Friday, and have an abdominal ultrasound. The doctor called me into the room, and showed me the problem area. He said she needed to have this section removed VERY soon.
    Dr. K talked to him and we scheduled Willow’s surgery that afternoon,  Friday, October 14th. She stayed at the vet until Saturday at 1:00 when they close for the weekend. Dr. K allowed me to bring Willow home to recuperate.

Willow came home with an IV port in her leg.
She loves to rest under the table. 

 She feels safest under here.

Look at the cute self adhesive tape the vet uses. 

She was pretty slow moving on Saturday. 

She also came home with a feeding tube.
Dr. K taught me how to feed her through this tube
if she wasn't eating after the surgery.
A BIG THANKS to my Mom, Norma, for
going with me to the vet to pick up Willow.
She is great moral support. 
By, the way, I never had to use this
tube, because she ate the next day.

This is Willow's belly. Her incision was pretty
long, and she is scheduled to get the stitches out 
on Tuesday, October 25th.  Now, we wait for the pathology 
report to find out what is wrong with her intestines.

Sage doesn't know what to think about this whole thing.
She hunted for Willow the day and a half that
she was gone, but checks on her now that she
is home.

   UPDATE:  On Friday, October 21st Dr. K called with the report from the pathologist. Willow has cancer. Her prognosis is not good, and we will hope and pray that she makes it to Christmas. I was calm and composed as she told me the awful news, but I knew it wouldn't last.  I decided to allow myself only this day to be terribly sad and cry all day. Then, on Saturday I would get down to the business of making every day wonderful for my sweet Willow. The girls sensed my sadness and never left my side. The only person I told was my dear friend, Nicole. I didn't want to tell my family, because they were celebrating my Goddaughter, Maddie's birthday. I also didn't tell them on Saturday, because it was my great-nephew, Carden's first birthday. I will tell my Mom on Saturday, after 7 pm or on Sunday. Those events should focus on my niece and great-nephew.  Everyone will know soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment